HEAL THE LIVER AND PURIFY THE BLOOD WITH BEET
Beet (beet) is much more than just a vegetable. In its heart of intense and attractive purple color is concentrated a high amount of antioxidants and vitamins very beneficial for your body, and that you sho
uld include regularly in your diet.
Rich in fiber, water and protein, it is a very energetic and medicinal vegetable for various types of ailments and, especially, for any problem associated with the health of our liver. We explain everything that the beet can do for you.
The beet, ally of your liver
Do you love beets? Do you enjoy it with its refreshing earthy flavor? Do you like raw or boiled with a little oil or salt? Then do not hesitate. If you usually have some type of liver problem, this vegetable, which can easily be found in markets around the world, can become your best ally to slowly cure that inflamed or intoxicated liver.
Note the following points.
1. Natural treasure of antioxidants
Beetroot is rich in beta-carotene, carotenoids and flavonoids, powerful antioxidants that give it that characteristic color so intense and attractive. It is known that all foods rich in antioxidants act as effective cleansers of the liver, especially if we suffer from fatty liver.
In 2012 an interesting large-scale clinical study was published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which explained that the patients suffering from this disease, when treated with antioxidants, showed a significant improvement with reduced levels of fat in the liver and the inflammation itself. This was due in particular to a type of antioxidant with a lot of power, betalaine, also very suitable to prevent aging.
So, do not hesitate, if there is a vegetable rich in antioxidants that we can take on a regular basis, it is beet.
2. Suitable for activating metabolism and eliminating fats
The beet is very suitable for those times when we want to lose weight. It is very energetic, satiating and rich in fiber, so if we prepare, for example, a rich liquefied before meals, we will get adequate nutrients to be satiated and avoid eating between hours.
In addition, it can help us in all these aspects:
- It purifies the organism thanks to its high amount in fiber, which will avoid accumulating toxins and the classic retention of liquids, at the same time that we favor the intestinal transit and avoid constipation. All this will help us regulate the functions of our liver, by preventing the fat and those lipids from being installed in your liver cells.
- The beet is very suitable also to activate our metabolism, since it stimulates the liver and intestinal functions.
- Another of its properties is to optimize the functions of the lymphatic system, helping in this way to eliminate toxins from the body.
- It is interesting to remember that fatty liver or liver steatosis can be reversed as long as we take a proper diet, low in fat and rich in minerals and vitamins from fresh fruits and vegetables. So the beet is a superb ally in these cases.
3. Beet to purify the blood and take care of our heart
This vegetable used to be used in antiquity to “strengthen” the blood and to treat people in a state of convalescence or weakness. Properties all of which could be summarized in these interesting aspects:
- Beet is rich in potassium, ideal for regulating our hypertension.
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in blood.
- It has a high content of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid and vitamins A, C and B. A natural treasure of nutrients that strengthen your blood and also purify it from harmful elements.
How should I take beetroot to take care of my liver?
The way to benefit from the properties of the beet to cure our liver and purify the blood, is taking it raw. So it is very suitable if you consume it grated, in salads and combined, for example, with carrots, also raw and grated. Add a splash of olive or lemon oil and you will have an ideal remedy for your health.
Medicinal liqueur for our liver
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 medium beet
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
We will start by washing all the ingredients well, and then cut them into very small pieces so that they can be processed well in the blender. Note that both beets, carrots and apples should be raw, since this is how more benefits can bring us.
Now pass all the ingredients by your blender to obtain a well homogenous juice, which you mix with that glass of water to dilute it and make it easier to consume. Adding ice cubes will be much more refreshing and enjoyable.
When do we take it? Half an hour before your main meal of the day. Just a single glass of this smoothie over 5 days to purify our liver. Then you can rest for 10 days and start over. You will get a delicious natural treasure of nutrients for your health.
Are you going to let it escape?