Sooji Toast / Rava Toast (Toasted Bread with Semolina)
‘Sooji Toast’ or ‘Rava Toast’ or Semolina Toast is one of the easiest tava toast (stove top toast) options. It is healthy yet tasty. And those kids who are fussy about eating vegetables will eat this toast happily. It can be a healthy tiffin option for your kid too. If you wish you can apply some tomato ketchup or green chutney on the bread slices before applying the sooji batter. I prefer to serve separately, so I didn’t apply on the bread. Here goes the recipe.
- Bread Slice – 6
- Sooji / Rava / Semolina – 1 cup (fine variety)
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 (Medium – Chopped)
- Capsicum – ¼ (Chopped)
- Carrot – 3-4 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2-3 (Finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds or Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaf – 2-3 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Take a big bowl and combine semolina and yogurt. Make a thick paste. Add a little water if required.
- Rest the batter for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Take a slice of bread and apply some batter on it evenly.
- Heat a tava and drizzle 1 tsp oil on it.
- Put the toast upside down on the tava (Batter side down).
- Apply some butter on the other side.
- Press with spatula evenly.
- Flip the toast and cook till the other side also become brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.